Thursday, February 18, 2010

Power Point, Round 1

I am sure no one else is as excited as I am about the Periodic Table of Elements, but I had to prepare a lesson plan which combined the Nature of Science and the history of the Periodic Table. So this presentation fit right into my lesson plan. The slides are not flashy, but it works in conjunction with a hands-on project that the students will be doing throughout the presentation.

The idea behind this lesson is that the Periodic Table which we have today was developed over time as elements were discovered and as scientists began to see trends in the elements. Also, as more elements are discovered, scientist need to fit them into the current table or the table may need to be modified, as it was in the past. It is fascinating to see the progression of understanding and how scientists used trial and error to create this table we use today.

Using Power Point gave me the chance to engage in professional growth and leadership (NETS-T #5). I was able to explore creative applications of technology to improve student learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment