Sunday, April 25, 2010

Intel Tools: Visual Ranking

I created a list using the Visual Ranking Tool on the Intel website. For a high school chemistry class, I created a list of acids and bases that students need to order from strongest acid to strongest base in accordance with WV CSO SC.O.C.1.5: Students will draw conclusions from a variety of data sources to analyze and interpret systems and models.

The sortable list is found here. I created 3 groups (chem1, chem2, and chem3) with passwords (chemone, chemtwo, and chemthree) using my email (diane.kinney.fsu@gmail.com) as the teacher ID. I assigned all 3 groups to the project. The teams will sort the list by using pH indicator strips to determine pH of each solution and order them from the strongest acid (HCl) to the strongest base (bleach).

This assignment gave me the opportunity to design and develop a digital-age learning experience (NETS-T #2). I incorporated a new digital tool to a relevant learning experience in order to promote student learning. This is an interesting opportunity to provide an alternate assessment to students instead of using a paper and pencil test.

No comments:

Post a Comment