Saturday, March 6, 2010

Presentation Games

It was so much fun to make my own Jeopardy game. My family watches Jeopardy every night that we are home, and we feel smart when we actually know the answers. Even my 8 and 11 year old children come up with good answers.

I got so excited to make my own jeopardy game that I made this game before I read through all the instructions and realized that I was suppose to make a game after I found a Power Point Presentation which supports WV CSO's.

So here is the presentation and here is the second jeopardy game I made but this one supports a presentation. I found the presentation at this website that provides free power points on atomic structure. Both the presentation and the game support the following WV CSO's:

SC.O.C.2.6 Students will generate the correct formula and/or name for ionic and molecular compounds.

SC.O.C.2.7 Students will analyze periodic trends in atomic size, ionic size, electronegativity, ionization energy, and electron affinity.

SC.O.C.2.8 Students will predict the type pf bonding that occurs between atoms and characterize the properties of the ionic, covalent, or metallic substances.


I thoroughly enjoyed this assignment as it was a great way to develop a digital age learning experience and assessment (NETS-T #2). I got to adapt a digital tool to promote student learning by creating these Jeopardy games.

No comments:

Post a Comment